BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
When you make a booking with Global Guardians Volunteering (US/WE/OUR) and the Customer (I/ME/MY) you agree to the following Booking Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy.
- I confirm:
- I am making this booking for myself and not on behalf of anyone else;
- I have answered all questions myself and all information I have provided is true and correct;
- I have obtained my own independent, professional advice about passport validity, visa requirements, travel insurance and health issues;
- I am over the age of 18 years and am within the required age bracket; and
- I am without any criminal convictions that would make me ineligible for my visa or entry permits.
- If I have any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries that may affect my participation, comfort or safety in this program, I agree to check with Global Guardians Volunteering first before booking. If I do not disclose pre-existing medical conditions and/or injuries during the booking process, I will be considered as fit and healthy. If I advise Global Guardians Volunteering at a later date about medical conditions, I acknowledge that they are not liable and I accept that cancellation fees may be payable. I must inform Global Guardians Volunteering of any change in circumstances that may affect my program.
Nature of Services
- I agree to engage the services of Global Guardians Volunteering and their nominated travel organiser to help me organize my volunteer program, land travel arrangements and to provide ongoing support services including but not limited to bookings, liaising, advice on travel and volunteering, ongoing support and fundraising for or in my destination country for the purposes of volunteering. Services rendered to me by Global Guardians Volunteering will be valid from the date the deposit is paid until the end of my chosen program.
- I understand that Global Guardians Volunteering is a land only service and does not provide or organise: visas, flights or insurance but are happy to refer you to the appropriate services. I acknowledge I will have to arrange my own flights, passports, visas/permits and travel insurance for my program.
- I understand some bookings are subject to approval by the organisation/s I choose to apply with and engaging the services of Global Guardians Volunteering does not guarantee acceptance. I will not hold Global Guardians Volunteering liable for any losses incurred in the process if my booking is not approved. Global Guardians Volunteering will assess my suitability prior to making any bookings or providing any services to ensure I am suitable for the program/s I have chosen.
- I acknowledge any advice given to me by Global Guardians Volunteering is general in nature and I will clarify any advice or information I am unclear about or get professional advice on those issues or areas outside of Global Guardians Volunteering expertise.
- Our booking and advisory services come with a guarantee that:
- they will be provided with due care and skill;
- they will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- they can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- they will be provided within a reasonable time.
If we fail to meet any of these guarantees, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law to receive a full refund of the money you pay to us.
Payment and Cancellations
- I acknowledge a non-refundable deposit of $200 AUD is required to secure my chosen program once my application is approved or if there is no application process to receive the full services offered by Global Guardians Volunteering and to proceed with the planning/booking of my chosen program.
By submitting this form as part of my booking application, I agree to these Booking Terms & Conditions and understand that the deposit becomes non-refundable if I decide to cancel or not proceed with my booking once a deposit is made and I’m accepted into my chosen program unless cancelled by us or the organisation you are volunteering with through no fault of your own (subject to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
- Prices are advertised in Australian dollars and due to changes in exchange rates, changing supplier costs and other variables, all prices are subject to change until my program and travel arrangements are paid in full. Global Guardians Volunteering will endeavour to provide me with up to date information on my travel and on the program. I understand starting dates, prices and inclusions may change and I may be required to make additional arrangements and payments as a result until paid in full.
- If your trip is cancelled by us or your chosen program provider through no fault by you, we guarantee a full refund of the program cost if no future arrangements can be made.
Where I seek a refund for a booking I cancelled for which payment has been made to the supplier, Global Guardians Volunteering will not provide a refund to me until they receive the funds from that supplier
- Cancelled bookings may incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking even if the travel or program has not commenced. Supplier fees may apply where a booking is changed. Where Global Guardians Volunteering incurs any liability or cost for any booking which I change or cancel, I agree to indemnify Global Guardians Volunteering for the amount of that fee and agree to pay the fee.
- When using a domestic credit card or debit cards, a surcharge of 1.75% + 30c per transaction will apply. For international credit or debit cards, a surcharge of 2.90% + 30c per transaction will apply. You authorise us to charge all fees incurred by you in relation to the services provided to the credit card or debit card designated by you. If payment is not received from the card issuer or its agents for any reason, you agree to pay us all amounts due immediately on demand.
- Other payment methods such as direct deposits and cash are also available.
- I understand it is my responsibility to provide Global Guardians Volunteering with all relevant documents requested in order to receive the travel and support services associated with my travel and the program. Failure to supply these documents does not release me from my contractual obligations with Global Guardians Volunteering.
- I acknowledge that my passport must be valid for 6 months from my return date to Australia with at least two blank pages and that some countries require a machine readable passport otherwise I may be denied boarding at the airport or be denied entry into the country. It is important that I ensure that I have valid, visas and re-entry permits which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be my sole responsibility.
- Please review all your relevant documents carefully and advise us if you need assistance when submitting your booking application or other paperwork prior to departure.
- Where we disclose your personal information to any person (including any overseas recipients), you agree that we will not be required to ensure that person’s compliance with Australian privacy laws or otherwise be accountable for how they handle your personal information. When used above, “disclose” includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible to another person or entity.
- In order to volunteer in any of the programs provided by Global Guardians Volunteering you must take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements and chosen program. Your insurance protection should include cover for cancellation, medical, hospital and repatriation expenses, personal injury and accident, death and loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. Evidence of travel insurance need to be produced to Global Guardians Volunteering prior to departure. Insurance cover offered by credit card companies or reciprocal medical cover agreements is not considered to be comprehensive. Travel insurance is strongly recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for all overseas travel.
- I acknowledge that travel insurance may not cover some aspects of my chosen volunteer program because of exclusion, carefully check the exclusions in your policy. I agree that if covered is excluded, I continue I do so at my own risk
- We recommend that you contact the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.smartraveller.gov.aufor general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with DFAT, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
- You must ensure that you are aware of any health requirements and recommended precautions relevant to your travel and ensure that you have and carry all necessary vaccination documentation. In some cases, failure to present required vaccination documentation (e.g. proof of Yellow Fever vaccination) may result in denied entry into a country. We recommend that you consult with your local doctor, travel medical service or specialist vaccination clinic before commencing your travel. General health advice for the destination you wish to visit is also available from DFAT (see smarttraveller.gov.au).
- I agree not to hold Global Guardians Volunteering liable for any acts of whatever nature, omissions or defaults whether negligent or otherwise of me or any third parties providing services in connection with this agreement except where liability results from the wilful default or misconduct of Global Guardians Volunteering.
- I agree to indemnify Global Guardians Volunteering against all liability resulting from acts or omissions of me with respect to this agreement or any third parties providing services in connection with this agreement howsoever arising and whether within Australia or overseas. Global Guardians Volunteering are not liable for any sickness, injury, criminal conduct, hindered travel, death, acts of war or acts of nature that may result in loss or damage to me throughout any stage of my trip or at any stage after my trip to the full extent of the law.
- I acknowledge that some of the volunteer programs/experiences offered by Global Guardians Volunteering are considered to be dangerous recreational activities because they are physically demanding (e.g. anti-poaching programs) and there is a high risk of medical or psychological conditions developing, injury, sickness or death when participating in these program. By signing my agreement, to these booking terms & conditions, I agree that I am fit and healthy and I am participating in my chosen program at my own risk and am aware of the risks involved.
I acknowledge I will be operating under the terms set out in this document and those of my chosen volunteer program.
- This Agreement is the entire agreement and understanding between myself and Global Guardians Volunteering or anything connected with the subject matter of this Agreement and I have entered into this Agreement without relying on any representation whatsoever by Global Guardians Volunteering or by any person purporting to represent Global Guardians Volunteering.
- If any part of this Agreement is held invalid, that part shall be severed from this Agreement and the remainder of this Agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable and termination of this Agreement will not end those provisions that are capable of surviving the ending of this Agreement.
- I will ask Global Guardians Volunteering before signing this Agreement should I have any questions. Voluntary ignorance will not release me from my contractual obligations under this Agreement.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of Australia and of the States and Territories of Australia in which this booking application is made.
- I acknowledge this contract may be executed in any number of counterparts and by the parties on separate counterparts. Each counterpart is deemed to be an original of this contract/agreement and all together constitute one agreement.